I’m particular when it comes to quality. That’s probably why I love good coffee. A single origin pour over from Kenya or Ethiopia is my favorite. I’m a fan of hoppy IPAs and spicy honey on my pizza. I’m a sucker for fine leather craftsmanship, and there’s a good chance my shoes match my bag and belt. Those who know me well would say that I have a knack for design and it’s certainly something that I do appreciate. I, unashamedly, find joy in caring for my many, many house plants. And my newest endeavor is honing my skills and long rides on my vintage motorcycle.
While an Ohio native, I lived in Chicago for nearly a decade, which has undoubtedly shaped me professionally, along with my personal style. I’m an urbanite through and through, but nothing calls to me like the mountains. Maybe that’s partly why I love hiking miles of secluded trails for hours at a time.
Unlike my formal training in film photography and background in both fine art and graphic design, most of my professional adventure as a photographer has primarily been self-taught. After 17 years of photographing weddings, I am able to look back and see a road filled with creative growth, personal ups and downs, and, most importantly, a collection of evocative story-telling that I am immensely proud of.
I approach weddings, first and foremost, from an artistic perspective while focusing on what others might ignore. Balancing real moments while also purposefully infusing beauty has come only through experience. I’ve been told that I have an eye for detail, and that’s certainly characteristic of my style. However, I cannot place enough value on the wonderful connections that I continue to make over the years while on this path.
Each couple I photograph, with their unique love story, is a true joy to capture and inspires me to create my best work. I look forward to seeing how I can do the same for you.
Tidbits about Josh:
• Favorite International Trip: India (Rajasthan & Telangana)
• Lived in Chicago throughout much of my 20’s, including Oak Park, Lincoln Square & Lakeview
• I’m a little bit of a coffee aficionado and make a pour-over every morning
• Started art lessons at age 12
• Math was my favorite subject in school
• Have a degree in Studio Art & Graphic Design
• I’m a fraternal twin
• While competitive in both Cross Country and Track from middle school throughout college, I now prefer Hiking
• I’ve been called a hipster, but I’m secretly just an old man at heart
• I want to be a cowboy when I grow up